Lunch Break in Warung Apung Rahmawati
Do you fancy to taste some good Javanese cuisines? How about Warung Apung Rahmawati? The Homerie went to this cozy restaurant, initially, because it contains the word "apung" (“floating”). Warung Apung Rahmawati itself means "Floating Food Stall of Rahmawati (a person's name)".
So we were expecting something like floating market in Bandung or lanting house. But in fact, it was all dry land. At least, in Surabaya Rungkut Branch.
Yes, the resto has already 11 branches at least. Warung Apung Rahmawati's head office is at Jalan Ambeng-Ambeng, Gresik. But you can visit its branches in several cities in East Java Province:
- Gresik. Jalan Dr. Wahidin Sudirohusodo 109, Kebomas, Gresik. Telephone +6231 3971541.
- Surabaya Lontar. Jalan Lontar Baru 109, Surabaya. Telephone +6231 7407770.
- Surabaya Rungkut. Jalan Rungkut Alang Alang 167, Surabaya 60293. Telephone +6231 8794977.
- Lamongan. Jalan Simpang Kusuma Bangsa 6, Lamongan. Telephone (0322) 317770.
- Bojonegoro. Jalan Veteran 77, Bojonegoro. Telephone (0353) 889912.
- Sidoarjo Sidokare. Jalan Sunandar Priyo Sudarmo 20-22, Sidokare, Sidoarjo. Telephone +6231 8051333.
- Sidoarjo Sedati. Jalan Raya Pabean 17, Sedati, Sidoarjo. Telephone +6231 8662624.
- Sidoarjo Krian. Jalan Gubernur Sunandar 89, Raya Bypass Krian, Sidoarjo. Telephone +6231 8986501.
- Tuban. Jalan Letda Sucipto 9, Tuban. Telephone +62356 323321.
- Mojokerto. Jalan R.A. Basuni 58, Soko, Mojokerto. Telephone +62321 323333.
- Jombang. Jalan KH. Wahid Hasyim 23-25, Jombang. Telephone +62321 868833.
Meanwhile, the second floor is a broader semi outdoor room. There are some traditional cubicles without chairs, with short-legged tables, and a small garden. The view is more beautiful here. The air is fresher too.
However, like we said, none of those rooms is on the water. There was not even a pool. We kept wondering, what the meaning of "apung" here? We were disappointed, because we had imagined some recreational restaurant similar to Asep Stroberi (Astro).
But, whatever! People comes to Warung Apung Rahmawati because of the food, not the water. Got it.
Warung Apung Rahmawati is well-known with its Javanese dishes. In Rungkut Surabaya Branch, the favourite menu were Ayam Bakar Bumbu Rujak (grilled chicken with traditional spicy sauce) and Gurami Asam Manis (sweet and sour gourami).
There were also Ayam Goreng Telur Asin (fried chicken with salted egg), Ayam Tulang Lunak (soft-bones chicken), and some others mouth-watering dishes.
Thirsty? A glass of refreshing Ice Manado or sweet and thick Avocado Juice might be a wonderful choice. Or maybe you want two glasses at once?
And since they needs some times to process your order, specially if yours are grilled foods, you better order snacks for appetizer as well, such as crackers or crispy tofu.
Aah... after 10 minutes or so, finally, our order was coming. Bon appetite, folks!
- Photos by Homerie